You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the event?
Amalie Arena, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
When is the event?
January 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Synapse Social follows from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30p.m.
January 24 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
I have my ticket. How do I check in/register?
No printout or ticket is necessary to gain entrance to the Summit. Check in at the registration tables in Thunder Alley, Amalie Arena’s main entrance plaza, to get your badge and attendee bag. Students and attendees with military discount must bring their ID.
Where can I find the full schedule?
The full schedule for the 2019 Synapse Summit is available on our website, at https://synapsesummit.com
Will lunch be served?
Inside the Box, a social enterprise of Metropolitan Ministries, will provide meals for VIP’s, Sponsors, Exhibitors, and Speakers on both days of the Synapse Summit.
Meals will be available for purchase for regular ticket holders throughout the Summit.
Transportation and Parking
- Uber has generously provided a discount for attendees getting to and from the Summit. The official Synapse Summit Uber discount code will be revealed at a later date.
- The City of Tampa has partnered with the Downtowner to provide convenient in-city transportation. You can book a ride with Downtowner via their website, http://ridedowntowner.com
Parking will available in various lots and parking garages surrounding the summit. Below is a brief list of nearby parking areas.
- South Regional Parking Garage, 301 Channelside Drive
- Fort Brooke Parking Garage, 107 N Franklin Street
- Port Garage, 369 S 12th Street
- Tampa History Center, 801 Old Water Street
- Convention Center parking, 333 S Franklin Street
Downtown construction: As the city of Tampa continues its renovation of Water Street, we encourage attendees to be mindful of adjustments of natural traffic patterns.
The city of Tampa is home to an abundance of hotels. Below is a brief list of hotels within a 1-mile radius of the Synapse Summit.
Will Wi-Fi & Charging Stations be provided?
Free Wi-Fi will be provided throughout the summit to all attendees
Amalie Arena provides charging stations throughout the arena
Does Amalie Arena provide Accessibility Accommodations?
Amalie Arena is proud to provide accessible parking and seating.
- Please visit Amalie Arena’s Guest Services page to learn more: http://www.amaliearena.com/guest-services/adaaccessibility
Please visit Amalie Arena’s F.A.Q. and A-Z Guide for additional accessibility information.
What NOT to bring?
As the Summit will take place at Amalie Arena, the following items cannot be brought into the Arena:
- Bags larger than 12x12x12 inches, backpacks or wrapped packages
- For hockey, still cameras with a lens smaller than 6 inches will be permitted. For concerts and other events, the camera policy will vary depending on the event promoter. Cameras with a detachable lens are prohibited at all concerts. Video and audio recording devices and camera bags are also prohibited.
- Binoculars are permitted. Binocular bags are not permitted
- Video or audio recording devices
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Bottles, cans, or containers of any kind
- Sharp objects, sticks or poles of any kind
- Pepper spray or mace
- Food or beverage items
- Drugs or controlled substances
- Chairs, folding chairs or any other type of individual chair for use
- Wrapped gifts
- Large banners or signs, banners or signs with objectionable language, banners or signs on a pole of any kind
- Noisemakers and horns
For more information, please visit: http://www.amaliearena.com/guest-services/policies